Motorcycle insurance includes coverage for cruisers, street sport, touring, high-performance bikes and scooters. Like an automobile insurance policy, most states require that you carry a minimum amount of liability coverage. Motorcycle Insurance offers the following coverage(s):
- Will pay for the property damage and bodily injury you may cause to another party involved in an accident.
- Will pay for any property damage to your motorcycle due to an accident.
- Will pay for any damage to your motorcycle other than a collision; such as theft, fire or vandalism.
- Will pay for bodily injury to yourself because of an accident with an uninsured motorist.
- Will pay when your policy limit is higher than the other party involved and the damage exceeds the other party’s limits of liability.
The most important thing to know about motorcycle insurance is that some policies may not offer Personal Injury Protection benefits. Therefore, if the driver of the motorcycle sustained a bodily injury due to an accident the driver must go through their personal health care provider to pay for their hospital or medical bills.